Home Learning Hub
Updated 27 April 2020
Welcome to the NGA...
All you need is an internet browser...
Students can access resources and apps to continue their learning by logging into Airhead by clicking the Open Cloud Desktop link below or visiting www.airhead.io.
Your teachers will set your work through Microsoft Teams.
- Log in to Teams via the link to airhead above using your school log in details.
- Go to each of your class Teams to see what your teacher for that subject wants you to learn.
- Complete the tasks that have been set.
- Most of the time, you will have a 2 week window to complete the work.
- You should pace yourself and do a little bit from each subject each day.
- Click on the guide below for more help.
- Year 11 and 13 pupils will not be set work. We will be in touch soon to help you prepare for next year. See the Year 11: Next Steps page for more details.
Most learning will be done online
Where possible, the tasks will be done online in MathsWatch, Seneca Learning or GCSEPod.
This will allow you to get immediate feedback about how you are doing and help on what you might be finding hard.
It will also allow teachers to track your progress.
If you need help, you can use the class Team to send questions to your teacher.
We understand that not everyone has access to a laptop or tablet so all learning should be manageable on a smartphone... or good old pencil and paper!
The latest updates about the government's Free Laptop scheme can be found on our Laptops and 4G page.
Help with work
For those of you struggling to complete the work your teachers set you we are trying to do a number of things to help:
- If you need help with the work she should contact her teacher through the class Team.
- Mr O'Leary is available in the Home Learning Support channel in Teams every day from 8am to 9am and from 3pm to 4pm. You can either speak to him live at these times or leave a message in the Teams chat for him to respond to.
- Our teaching assistants and mentors are contacting some of you to talk you through the work one to one. If you normally get this level of support in school and feel you would benefit from a call, please contact our SENDCo.
- Nottingham City Council's Learning Support Team are also available to help. You can reach them through Facebook here: NCC Learning Support
If your are having problems logging in or have forgotten your password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and your preferred password.
Below are some other useful guides and links:
Guide for Pupils and Parents:
Guides for Parents:
- How to support your child using GCSEPod
- Parent Quick Start Guide
- Using GCSEPod with Cognitive Learning Techniques
Guide for Pupils:
Enter your Nottingham Girls' Academy email address and password to access GCSEPod.
Our aim is to make this as purposeful as possible, whilst keeping it simple and flexible.
We know lots of parents are anxious about supporting their daughters do the work. If you can motivate them and encourage them (and nag them) to get on with it, we will try to provide the support they need.
Please be aware that lots of our teachers are also helping their own children with home schooling. Please be patient if you are waiting for a response to a request for help.
You can also access the NGA Community
Stay in touch with friends and teachers and the latest news in your year group channel within the Community Team:
Or select a Year Group below to access the specific year group community channel...