The Nottingham Girls' Academy Mission Statement
We aim to ensure that every pupil receives the best education possible in a calm, controlled environment enabling self and mutual respect to develop.
THE ACADEMY AIMS
A partnership of pupils, parents, staff and governors working together for:
- Self improvement
- Academic achievement
- Community involvement
- Equality of opportunity
- Raising expectations
- Evolving technological skills
- Enhancing the environment
- Development of personal skills
To enable us to get the very best from our young people we will provide:
- A pleasant learning environment in which a stimulating, accessible and appropriate curriculum can be delivered.
- Supportive, secure care for individual pupils through the year based pastoral system.
- Resources and facilities which enhance advanced technological practice e.g. industry standard computers, scientific equipment and access to a high quality work experience.
- Tuition for a wide range of public examinations to encourage academic achievement.
- A basis for partnership with groups in the local community.
- Information for parent(s) about academic progress and general welfare through regular Academy reports and the opportunity to meet staff by appointment.
- A range of enrichment activities and support beyond the normal school day to enhance pupil achievement e.g. learning support, revision classes, Academy teams, clubs and societies.
We expect parent(s) to ensure that:
- Pupils attend regularly.
- Pupils are sent to the Academy in full uniform and with protective clothing for bad weather.
- Pupils have appropriate equipment, such as pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, calculator, games kit and a suitable bag.
- Pupils arrive at the Academy by 8.40am each morning.
- Pupils attempt homework to the best of their ability.
- Progress and achievement are monitored through achievement diaries, reports and other contacts with the Academy.
- They are able to attend all parents' evenings.
We expect pupils to:
- Behave well on the Academy sites and show respect to others.
- Arrive on time each day, attend regularly and bring all the necessary equipment.
- Complete all homework set to the best of their ability.
- Obey the Academy rules and wear the full Academy uniform.
- Work hard in lessons.
- Revise thoroughly for all tests and examinations.