Nottingham Girls' Academy has partnerships with some of Nottingham’s biggest employers. By working with these employers we have been able to bring some exceptional opportunities to our students. Click on the links below to read more about our work with businesses.
Paul Manley, Director of First Choice and GoTeach supporter at DHL Express UK said "Logistics isn't necessarily an industry that instantly springs to mind for school leavers, so it is great to be able to give students a flavour of what a career in logistics could mean and the international opportunities that it presents."
Greenwood Academies Trust has teamed up with the DHL UK Foundation to support the education and employability of young people across the UK. The partnership brings together GAT Academies and DHL colleagues and aims to:
- Raise aspirations and give students an insight into the work of world.
- Help students develop key employability skills including confidence, resilience, teamwork, problem solving and communication skills.
- Raise awareness of DHL and career opportunities in the logistics industry.
Working in partnership with the DHL businesses in the UK, DHL colleagues who sign up to the GoTeach programme will support schools across the UK and deliver the following engagement activities – all of which are designed and developed in partnership with the DHL UK Foundation’s partnerships with Teach First and The Outward Bound Trust:
- Introduction to Logistics Assembly and Workshop Sessions
- A week long outdoor education residential trip (select schools only)
- Site Visits
- Employability Skills Workshops
- CV & Interview Skills Workshops
- A Trucks and Child Safety (TACS) road safety demonstration and Skills Workshops (Primary schools only) For more information about the DHL UK Foundation please visit www.dhlukfoundation.org or contact GoTeachUK@dhl.com to get in touch.