Admissions to the Nottingham Girls' Academy
Pupils are admitted at the start of, and during, two main stages:
- Secondary year 7 (age 11)
- Secondary post-16 (age 16)
a) 150 full time places - year 7
d) 150 full time places - post 16 (including all year 11 pupils at the Academy who choose to stay on for their post-16 education)
For admission to secondary year 7, in the year preceding admission, parents should apply using Nottingham City Council's Admission process.
For admission in September 2018, these forms can be accessed on-line from Monday 11 September 2017 and all forms should be returned to Nottingham City Council by midday on 31 October 2017.
To apply on-line visit www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/schooladmissions
For all other admissions 8-11, please contact the Academy on 0115 748 3410 or fill in the Admissions Application Form under the Admissions tab to the right of this page and return it to the Academy.
For Post-16 admissions, please contact the Sixth Form at the Academy or complete the Post-16 application form on our Sixth Form page.
There will be a right of appeal to an Independent Appeals Panel for unsuccessful applicants relating to admissions at age 5 (statutory school age) or above. Appeals should be made within twenty (20) school days of the date of refusal.
If refused admission, you should contact the Academy, in writing, to lodge an appeal. Please mark your envelope 'Admissions Appeals'.
2017-18 Timetable for Hearing Admission Appeals
As an Own Admission Authority, and in accordance with the provisions of the School Admission Appeals Code, the Nottingham Girls’ Academy is required to set a timetable for hearing any appeals that are lodged.
If you wish to lodge an appeal for a place at the Nottingham Girls’ Academy during 2018/19 then you need to have regard to the following dates and timescales:-
- National Offer Date (for year 7, September 2018) – 1 March 2018
- Deadline for lodging an appeal – 28 March 2018
- Deadline for hearing on-time appeals – 15 June 2018
NOTE: Appeals lodged after 28 March 2018 will, where possible, be heard by 15 June 2018. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 15 June 2018 it will be heard within 30 school days of the date of receipt.
- Appeals for late applications – for applications made after 31 October 2017 (the closing date for the receipt of applications for transfer to secondary school) appeals will, where possible, be heard by 15 June 2018. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 15 June 2018 it will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.