GCSE Results 2017
Pupils at the Nottingham Girls’ Academy are celebrating after receiving their results for their GCSE or equivalent courses of study.
The academy is pleased that the unvalidated data indicates that the Progress 8 score has remained steady (0.35) and well above the floor target set by the Government last year (-0.5). This result is a clear reflection of how hard everyone has worked and creates a firm foundation for future progress.
Whilst all the pupils have done remarkably well, there are some that have particular cause to celebrate:
• Setayesh Shahri who achieved three A* grades, two A grades and a Distinction plus level 9 in mathematics and level 5 in English.
• Amina Shabbir who achieved two A* grades, three A grades and a Distinction* plus level 9 in English and level 7 in mathematics.
• Vanessa Udo Nwosu who achieved one A* grade, five A grades and a Distinction* plus level 8 in mathematics and level 6 in English.
• Sumayyah Hussainy who achieved one A* grade and five A grades plus level 9 in mathematics and level 7 in English.
• Ayesha Nadeem who achieved three A* grades, one A grade and two B grades plus level 8 in mathematics and level 7 in English.
Peter Holyk, Principal, said: "This set of results truly reflects the dedication and determination shown by both staff and students. It’s been a difficult year with all the changes that have occurred but our students have shown great resilience and have attained some excellent results. I am immensely proud of our students and wish them all well in the next stage of their education. “I am exceedingly proud of what has been achieved during my time as Principal at the Nottingham Girls Academy and as I retire this summer, I feel confident that Mr Tungate will continue to build on this solid foundation in the coming years.”